About AWIS Chapters
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is a network of women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) who provide each other with valuable information, resources, referrals and mutual support!
Order from the AWIS Company Store
Looking for gifts to provide to speakers, key leaders, or colleagues, friends, and family members? Visit the AWIS Company Store to browse through our selection of assorted items and to purchase a gift for that special person in your life. And now you can order t-shirts with your chapter's unique logo in one easy place!
Top 10 Reasons to Join A Chapter
- Expand your network by attending local events at universities and companies
- Find a mentor, friend, advisor, or a new contact
- Join seminars by leading scientists on a variety of topics
- Participate in forums discussing topics relevant to women in science (e.g., balancing work and family life, maternity leave, harassment and discrimination, and women's perspectives on science and science-related issues)
- Develop leadership skills outside your regular job
- Raise problems and receive suggestions in a non-threatening environment
- Meet women in your local area in influential positions
- Speak on panels about topics relevant to women in science (develop your presentation skills)
- Attend group tours of local museums and gardens
- Be visible as a role model to young girls, through science days, science fairs, and classroom visiting