The structure of this webinar will be based upon a set of questions to promote a back and forth conversation between Beth and Tess. Some questions to be discussed include:
· Why is our activism generally focused on gender issues?
· What is allyship, and how does that differ from providing support or mentoring?
· How do you develop allyship?
· What tools or means have you found in the moment to be an effective ally?
· How have other people developed allyship or been allies with us?
While our focus is on educational and federal government institutions, these learning goals can be applied more broadly across workplace types, especially for women in STEM.
1. Explain the distinction between developing allyship and being an ally in the workplace and being supportive.
2. Walk away with concrete tools to develop allyship and be an ally in the workplace.