Careers at AWIS
Collaborate with an exceptional team of committed professionals
Request for Proposal
Job Title: Marketing Specialist for Individual Fundraising Campaign (Contractor)
Release Date: November 2, 2020
Reply By: As soon as possible, initial application review begins November 13, 2020
Start date: Monday, December 1, 2020 or sooner
AWIS Seeks Individual Fundraising Campaign & Marketing Specialist
(Flexible, Part-Time Contract Position: up to 10 hours/week)
AWIS seeks a contractor with specialized expertise and a proven track record of designing and implementing high-impact individual fundraising campaigns to drive a significant increase in new and recurring donors for the organization. This position is an ideal fit for a creative yet task-oriented fundraising and marketing professional looking for flexible, part-time work that is incredibly meaningful and will help support a tremendous cause: advancing programs and scholarships for women in science. We’re looking for a resourceful, flexible and reliable part-time contractor to efficiently design, write and assist with implementing fundraising campaigns and communication sequences that inform, inspire and engage donors throughout the donor life cycle.
Scope of Work
- Considering the context of AWIS’ 50th year in 2021, review existing AWIS individual donor campaigns, results and current donor engagement/communication strategies and templates, and recommend immediate enhancements and new ideas for improving campaigns and communications
- For new and recurring donors, re-imagine and re-write all donor communications and create an engaging ongoing nurture sequence with specific triggers, actions and new templates that will maximize engagement, connection and value throughout the donor life cycle
- Write copy and create graphics for campaigns and all associated communications
- Assist with match-campaign management and crowdfunding in Classy
- Assist with social media posts as needed
- Provide weekly updates on work progress
- Collect stories from members and scholarship winners
- Create donor impact communications
- Reports to Chief Marketing Officer
Must have good communication skills, strong work ethic, attention to detail and experience in individual and crowd funding campaigns. Desired experience in Classy fundraising software, Facebook fundraising, WordPress, Divi, Your Membership database, social media ads, and retargeting.
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is the largest multi-discipline organization for women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. The Association for Women in Science is a global network with 80 grassroots chapters and affiliates connecting more than 100,000 professionals in STEM with members, allies and supporters worldwide. Membership is open to any individual who supports the vision and mission of AWIS. Learn more at https://www.awis.org.
Our goal is to select a contractor as soon as possible and to begin work on Monday, December 1, 2020.
Please provide the following, as well as any additional information you believe is directly relevant to our selection.
- Brief overview of your experiences and skills in individual fundraising campaigns and marketing
- Required hourly rate
- Examples demonstrating your results and success with similar previous work
Selection Process & Information Submission
Following the receipt of responses from contractors/vendors with expertise in individual fundraising campaign development and marketing, staff will review the responses, identify several finalists, conduct interviews and select the finalist.
Please submit your response to Meredith Gibson (email@example.com) via email as soon as possible.
AWIS does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, compensation, termination, leaves of absence, training, development, and advancement. AWIS recognizes that we live and work in a diverse world and values the skills and abilities of employees from all cultural backgrounds and traditions.