Careers at AWIS
Collaborate with an exceptional team of committed professionals
Request for Proposal
Job Title: Learning & Development Program Manager (Contractor)
Release Date: September 9, 2020
Reply By: As soon as possible
Start date: Monday, September 28, 2020
AWIS Seeks Learning & Development Program Manager (Contractor)
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) seeks an L&D program management professional who can assist the organization on a contractual basis with the development and management of a new monthly webinar series and the scoping and curriculum planning for several new professional development programs intended to support AWIS members and all women in science with career skills and leadership development.
Scope of Work
- Coordinate with AWIS staff and a new membership and programming task force to identify emerging professional development trends, needs and in-demand topics
- Develop a compelling line up of monthly webinar topics and speakers that will inform, inspire and support AWIS members and all women in science with the timely challenges and opportunities they’re facing today
- Identify and secure compelling speakers and manage scheduling
- As needed, write draft marketing materials for webinars, such as headline/title, detailed description, speaker bio, Q&A, introductory remarks, post-event survey, etc
- As needed, facilitate or moderate webinars
- Support the development of plans for launching new professional development curricula in the following areas: Women in Science Career Development; Women in Science Leadership Program; Women in Science D&I Change Agent; Aspiring Science Entrepreneurs
Our goal is to select a contractor/vendor as soon as possible and to begin work in Monday, September 28, 2020.
Please provide the following, as well as any additional information you believe is directly relevant to our selection.
- Brief overview of your experiences in L&D program management.
- Your rates or billing structure.
- Samples of similar previous work.
Selection Process & Information Submission
Following the receipt of responses from contractors/vendors with expertise in L&D program management, staff will review the responses, identify several finalists, conduct interviews and select the finalist.
Please submit your response to Meredith Gibson (email@example.com) via email as soon as possible.
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is the largest multi-discipline organization for women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. The Association for Women in Science is a global network with 80 grassroots chapters and affiliates connecting more than 100,000 professionals in STEM with members, allies and supporters worldwide. Membership is open to any individual who supports the vision and mission of AWIS. Learn more at https://www.awis.org.
AWIS does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, compensation, termination, leaves of absence, training, development, and advancement. AWIS recognizes that we live and work in a diverse world and values the skills and abilities of employees from all cultural backgrounds and traditions.