Careers at AWIS
Collaborate with an exceptional team of committed professionals
Job Title: Operations and Database Associate
Job Status: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Flexible – Virtual Office Position
The Operations and Database Associate is responsible for a broad range of administrative activities working cross-functionally throughout the association with internal teams and external clients. Work assignments will provide operational support to the membership, accounting, research and sales departments so they may meet their strategic goals of revenue generation, database management and accounting functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and maintains multiple member databases
- Troubleshoots databases to address and correct technical issues with urgency
- Monitors and responds to general AWIS email and phone inquiries
- Provides outstanding written and verbal customer service internally and externally
- Builds relationships with members and volunteers
- Supports various membership outreach activities as per Community Engagement Plan
- Produces, tracks, and processes individual, corporate, and institutional membership renewals and invoices
- Implements sales fulfillment
- Monitors and supports online community discussions
- Manages Chapter/Affiliate reporting process
- Supports the accounting and sales functions of the organization
- Reviews staff credit card reconciliation process
- Responsible for AP processing
- Manages Chapter and Affiliate subordinate group IRS registration and e-postcard process
- Coordinates board meetings and materials
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
This is an administrative position with AWIS reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and supporting multiple departments. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills, self-awareness, problem-solving abilities, and communication skills. The successful candidate will show a strong affinity to the AWIS Mission.
- Administrative skills with at least 2 years of experience working within the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) association or non-profit market
- Demonstrated ability to maintain excellent relationships with established customers and teammates
- Strong written and verbal abilities
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy and places importance on attention to details
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Must be comfortable in a collaborative small-staff environment and demonstrate a “roll up the shirt sleeves” working style
- Excellent project management skills and orientation
- Superior time management skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and operations
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with limited supervision, work as a team member and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of accounting process
- Enjoys collaborating with members of their team, looks for opportunities to support the work of the staff throughout the organization
- Familiar with sales and accounting cycles
- Proven self-starter who works independently with minimum supervision
- Experience managing or interacting with volunteers
- Computer fluency in standard office software, database management and ability to learn AWIS digital platform
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is the largest multi-discipline organization for women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. The Association for Women in Science is a global network with 80 grassroots chapters and affiliates connecting more than 100,000 professionals in STEM with members, allies and supporters worldwide. Membership is open to any individual who supports the vision and mission of AWIS.
AWIS champions the interests of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics across all disciplines and employment sectors. Working for positive system transformation, AWIS strives to ensure that all women in these fields can achieve their full potential.
AWIS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender expression, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to Meredith Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.