Welcome to the AWIS Georgia (Atlanta) Chapter
The Georgia Chapter operates for charitable and educational purposes only, to advance the vision of AWIS National throughout the state of Georgia and beyond. Therefore, the Georgia Chapter specifically works to:
- Promote academic achievement and professional development by creating opportunities for formal presentation and the academic exchange of ideas.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive community through mentoring and networking forums.
- Contribute to work/life integration with a supportive environment and resources provisions.
- Engage individuals with the greater scientific and local lay communities through outreach programming.
- Train members in methods for approaching advocacy and public policy on current issues regarding women in STEM.