The Societies Consortium on Sexual Harassment in STEMM held its third annual All Members Convening on September 21-22, 2021. Read the key takeaways from Day 1 (Day 2 is forthcoming). You can also watch the plenary sessions on YouTube.
- Day 1: Where We Are Going – A vision and outcomes for change
- Highlights from the Consortium Two-Year Strategic Plan featuring David Acosta, MD (AAMC) and Art Coleman (EducationCounsel)
- Day 1: Where We Are/Where We’re Going: A reckoning in STEMM at the intersection of gender and race
- A panel discussion featuring Eve Higginbotham, MD (University of Pennsylvania), Maria Dahlberg, MS (NASEM), Carlotta Arthur, PhD (Henry Luce Foundation), and Shirley Malcom, PhD (AAAS). Moderated by Vicki Magley, PhD (University of Connecticut).
- Day 2: Engaging the Collective to Ease the Journey and Make Progress
- Featuring Shirley Malcom, PhD (AAAS) and Jamie Lewis Keith (EducationCounsel
- Day 2: Tools and Levers to Drive Change
- Day 2: The Importance of Integrating Self- and Field-Assessment with Identification of Priority Problems of Practice
- Featuring Lisa Kath, PhD (San Diego State University)
The Societies Consortium launched in 2019 following a June 2018 NASEM report which found pervasive sexual harassment in STEMM persists despite decades of legal prohibitions. Its goal is to help advance inclusive conduct, climate, and culture to ensure excellence and integrity in STEMM. AWIS is one of the inaugural member societies. Total membership is now 130 STEMM societies.