A Global Network of 100,000 Members, Allies and Supporters
For individuals seeking equity for women in science, engineering, technology and math, AWIS provides career development, networking, mentorship, and leadership opportunities. In addition, our thought leadership, research, and advocacy benefit all women in science.
As a result of the work we do, women in STEM will be:
- Compensated fairly and without discrimination;
- Advanced equitably and without bias;
- Respected and recognized for their scientific achievements;
- Exposed to successful role models in leadership positions; and
- Able to achieve optimum work/life integration.
Do you believe in our mission to champion women in science? You can make a lasting impact for current and future women scientists. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Make a Donation — Support our advocacy, education, and career advancement efforts with a monetary gift. AWIS is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so your gift is tax-deductible.
- Become a Member — AWIS members create a safe, supportive community for women scientists. As an AWIS member, you can invest in yourself and fellow women in science.
- Become a Partner — Higher education institutions, corporations, and other organizations partner with AWIS to connect with and champion our global network of women scientists.
For additional information about how you can support AWIS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202-588-8175.
More about our Members
AWIS Members by Discipline
- Agricultural Science 1.3% 1.3%
- Astronomy and Physical Sciences 10% 10%
- Behavioral Science 1.3% 1.3%
- Biological Science 46.2% 46.2%
- Chemistry 8.1% 8.1%
- Computer Science 1.7% 1.7%
- Earth and Environmental Sciences 3.7% 3.7%
- Engineering 3.9% 3.9%
- Health and Medical Sciences 11.3% 11.3%
- Mathematics 1.1% 1.1%
- Social Sciences 1.5% 1.5%
- Other 9.9% 9.9%
AWIS Members by Employment Sector
- Academia 51.4% 51.4%
- Government/Military/Public Service 10.5% 10.5%
- Industry/Business 25.4% 25.4%
- Nonprofit Organization 7.6% 7.6%
- Self-Employed 2.5% 2.5%
- Not Employed 2.6% 2.6%
AWIS Members by Career Stage
- Student 8% 8%
- Post Doctoral 11% 11%
- Early Career 15% 15%
- Mid Career 32% 32%
- Senior Career 26% 26%
- Retired 7% 7%
- Other 2% 2%