Lisa Ballance, PhD
Director of the Marine Mammal and Turtle Division, NOAA
Professional Member since 1990
Invest In Yourself
AWIS gives you the tools and connections you need to lead in your profession. Access our on-demand career and personal development resources, exclusively tailored to the needs of women in STEM.
Build Your Community
AWIS is a global network with 80 grassroots chapters and affiliates connecting more than 100,000 professionals in STEM with members, allies, and supporters worldwide.
AWIS research and thought leaders’ communications dig deep into the literature and are designed to support you, as you define and accelerate your individual success.
Stand Tall for Diversity and Inclusion
AWIS fosters alliances that lead to action and advocacy, crucial to the creation of lasting, impactful change. With AWIS, you amplify your voice on issues that impact science, society, and women in STEM across all disciplines and work sectors.
Make Systemic Change Happen
AWIS magnifies your power to be a change agent for equity and inclusion in STEM. Our research provides evidence-based applications and practical solutions to transform the STEM workplace across all employment sectors.
Become an AWIS Ambassador
Lend your experience to inform AWIS advocacy, research, and systemic change initiatives. As a leader in STEM, you serve as a role model, mentor, and champion for women in STEM.
Member Exclusive Resources
- Online Member Portal: engage in constructive conversation with members, allies, and thought leaders.
- Membership Directory: connect with AWIS members worldwide.
- Washington Wire: stay informed on trends, opportunities, and events with our twice monthly e-news digest.
- AWIS Magazine: follow the recognition and record of women’s contributions to the STEM enterprise and their impact on society.
- AWIS Webinars: access free on-demand learning and development programs.
- AWIS Event Calendar: register for local and national events.