AWIS Members from New Jersey and Maryland attend the Innovation and Inclusion Summit in Washington, DC.
Invest In Yourself
AWIS gives you the tools and connections you need to lead in your profession. Access our on-demand career and personal development resources, exclusively tailored to the needs of women in STEM.
Build Your Community
AWIS is a global network with 80 grassroots chapters and affiliates connecting more than 100,000 professionals in STEM with members, allies, and supporters worldwide.
AWIS research and thought leaders’ communications dig deep into the literature and are designed to support you, as you define and accelerate your individual success.
Stand Tall for Diversity and Inclusion
AWIS fosters alliances that lead to action and advocacy, crucial to the creation of lasting, impactful change. With AWIS, you amplify your voice on issues that impact science, society, and women in STEM across all disciplines and work sectors.
Make Systemic Change Happen
AWIS magnifies your power to be a change agent for equity and inclusion in STEM. Our research provides evidence-based applications and practical solutions to transform the STEM workplace across all employment sectors.
Become an AWIS Ambassador
Lend your experience to inform AWIS advocacy, research, and systemic change initiatives. As a leader in STEM, you serve as a role model, mentor, and champion for women in STEM.
Members featured (L-R): Janilyn Arsenio, PhD, AWIS Junior Member since 2017; Eleni Bachlava, PhD, AWIS Professional Member since 2006; Bruce M. Alberts, PhD, AWIS Sustaining Member since 2006; Patrice O. Yarbough, PhD, AWIS Patron Member since 2003; and Ann Lee-Karlon, PhD, AWIS Benefactor Member since 2010.
- AWIS National Events: attend top-tier gatherings with other industry and academic leaders in STEM, including the AWIS Innovation and Inclusion Summit and Awards Dinner
- Membership Directory: connect with AWIS members worldwide.
- AWIS Insider: stay informed on trends, opportunities, and events with our monthly e-news digest.
- AWIS Magazine: follow the recognition and record of women’s contributions to the STEM enterprise and their impact on society.
- AWIS Webinars: access free on-demand learning and development programs. The Five in Fifteen webinars are an exciting series focusing on work-life integration.
- AWIS Event Calendar: register for local and national events.